As another (well deserved) Buffalo summer comes to an end, many Buffalonians may find themselves dreading the idea of facing another frigid fall and brutally cold winter. While colder weather might be something to dread, each year fun and exciting fall and winter activities in Buffalo help soften the blow. Whether you are a Buffalo native or are staying with us at one of our 8 area hotel locations, be sure to check out a few of these exciting seasonal activities and attractions.
- Staycation – Cooling temperatures call for an Ellicott Hospitality Approved Staycation. Head to any of our hotels for great staycation locations surrounded by events and activities to take part in, or check out our three preplanned staycation packages, featuring the Giacomo in Niagara Falls, Wingate by Wyndham in Ellicottville, and Wyndham Garden in Williamsville.
- Food Truck Tuesdays @ Larkinville – For those of us who aren’t quite ready to let go of the summer, this event which started at the beginning of summer continues on every Tuesday until October 27. From 5pm to 8pm, enjoy music, drinks, and of course food from over 20 local food trucks.
- Shea’s Performing Arts Center – Experience a touring Broadway musical or special event at the historic theater. Fall/winter shows for this season include Newsies, Matilda, The Nutcracker, Annie, and many more. Whether it’s abnormally warm or unexpectedly cold, Shea’s is a great activity for any weather.
- Mayer Brothers’s Cider Mill and Bakery – Anyone ready to dive head first into fall will love this cult favorite Buffalo store. Apple cider slushies, secret recipe doughnuts and plenty of other gourmet bakery treats give the Cider Mill an autumnal feel. Stop in any day of the week from August 12 to November 30, between 7am to 8pm.
- The Great Pumpkin Farm – With special weekend events like the Buffalo Zombie Mud Run and the World Pumpkin Weigh-Off, the Great Pumpkin Farm is fun for any age. Check out the pumpkin patch and petting zoo or get refreshments and food. From September 12 to October 31 it is open 10am to dusk daily.